Well, it’s 8 days into the new year. 8 days into my 30 days of thankfulness. So far, so good. It hasn’t been easy. People and situations have tested my resolve. Here’s the rundown:
- I spent the first 3 days of the new year sick with the stomach flu (I chose to be thankful for Charmin and Pepto Bismol).
- Irritating customers at work (I chose to be thankful for people who wanted to do business with me).
- Dieting…. ugh (I chose to be thankful that I had the means and ability to choose what I was going to eat, rather than being forced to eat what I had).
- Cold weather (I chose to be thankful for heaters and warm clothes; there are plenty of people without either).
In addition I was also thankful for:
- Dreaming (which brings me more joy than you’ll know)
- Hot cocoa (mmmmmmm)
- My daughter
- The blessings I have been given (which are too numerous to list)
In turn, I had two really outstanding days in a row. I’m tellin’ you – it’s the power of intention. I’m looking forward to more just like it.