1a : lack of agreement; 1b : an instance of such inconsistency or disagreement
We can all feel it; something just isn’t right in the universe. It seems off-kilter; out of sync; out of harmony. People seem to be snapping and going off the deep end more often… or are they? Has this been happening all along and it is simply because we are saturated with media coverage that things seem like they are happening more often?
Now, I could devote the entire post to all the reasons why I think the world has gone cuckoo for cocoa puffs. But the truth is that if you are reading this, you clearly have internet access. It isn’t hard to find reasons why: the latest for me? Millions of dead fish in a California bay. Seriously…. something isn’t right.
Here is what I’d rather focus on- ways to create some harmony in the chaos. Here is my small list:
- Pick up trash when you see it on the street
- Smile at strangers
- Give a penny to the kid at the store so he can ride the horsey
- Say things like “horsey” and “thing-a-ma-jig” and “doo-hickey.” Even when you know the real name of it.
- Compliment someone on something unexepected.
- Say “I love you” to someone and tell them why.
- Look in the mirror and think of one nice thing to say to yourself. Repeat daily.
- Pay for the Starbucks of the person behind you. You will make their day.
- Pay it forward and volunteer your time.
- Say thank you to someone for a good deed that made an impact on your life. Even if it’s been a while, say thank you again.
- Let someone into your heart – even when you don’t want to.
That list changes and grows all the time. But for today – that is what I would like. A little harmonic symphony in my own world.