30 Days of Music: Day 6 – Name a song that reminds you of somewhere
Okay, so this one was easy. “Girlfriend” by N’Sync reminds me of a trip to Las Vegas with my bestie and her husband many years ago. Gosh…. many many years ago. We were there, and as it turns out, so was N’Sync, playing at the MGM. There were so many cars filled to the brim with screaming teenage girls, and the radio was stuck on playing their songs. The one I remember was Girlfriend.
But, as with the other posts, there are others.
- Listening to a certain station reminds me of a shrink’s office. Any shrink. I am not sure why, but every shrink in the country must play this type of Top 40 Soft Rock and Top Hits crap. A friend of mine and I called it the “shoot-yourself-in-the-head” channel. Because it is all sad face music.
- If I Asked You To by Celine Dion reminds me of a flight from San Diego to Denver when I ran away from home.
- It Never Rains in Southern California by Toni! Tone! Tony! reminds me of, well…. it reminds me of southern California. Specifically, of the football field of my middle school. Ironically, it was raining.
- Home Sweet Home by Motley Crue reminds me of driving home from my honeymoon in Vegas. We were literally cresting the hill on the highway that allows you to look down into the city. It was night, and the town was lit up. And it was beautiful.
- What It’s Like by Everlast reminds me of Olan Mills. It was a dead store. Dead. With the exception of holiday, I could literally sit there for hours and watch the cars drive by. Instead, I would listen to the radio (shocking, I’m sure). And that song played a lot on the radio back then.
- Bohemian Rhapsody reminds me of Knotts Berry Farm, and a school bus. Long story.
It’s funny, because after I write these posts, I literally spend hours thinking, “Oh! And that song, too.”
Music tells the story of my life. I am glad to be sharing that story with you.