Random chance plays a huge part in everybody’s life. ~Gary Gygax
I have a very many things rattling around in my brain these days. Unfortunately, it seems that the people I want to hear them are the very people I can’t seem to tell. In the interest of randomness, while I get a hold of all the randomness inside my head, I thought it’d be fun to play the “random things about me” game. So, here we go. 25 random things about me.
1. I lived in San Diego for 7 years. I hated it there.
2. I wanted to be a psychologist when I was in high school.
3. I am definitely not a psychologist now.
4. I went to a total of 15 different schools from pre-school to high school graduation.
5. I have a strong fear of change.
6. That being said, I never stay the same day-to-day. I don’t have a style that is all my own. I don’t do my hair or makeup the same way. Hell, I don’t even know what I like eating from day-to-day.
7. I called someone a dummy once. I’m no stranger to insults, but dummy? Yeah, I was 20 when I said that. Who calls someone a dummy at 20 years old? I instantly regretted it and apologized.
8. I remember, when I gave birth, that saying “my daughter” was a foreign concept. I only really understood the magnitude when she was 4 days old and I had to register her for something.
9. I hate places without curtains. Curtains signal that a house has been lived in. That it is a home.
10. “Never go to bed angry” is the single dumbest advice I have heard people give to newlyweds. Sure. Go to bed angry. Tomorrow is a new day. You can talk about it then.
11. I really really suck at golf.
12. But I’m great at a very big lot of things. Like, a lot a lot.
13. I sing like a freakin’ superstar in my car. In person, too. And I can harmonize with *any* song. But I assume no one wants to hear me, so I never sing for them.
14. I *love* my car. Love is an understatement. The only car I want more than my Scion XB is a red convertible mustang. But until that sweet day, I am incredibly happy with my car.
15. My favorite movie of all time is Forrest Gump. I can quote that movie line-for-line.
16. I think sweat pants are horrible and I don’t own a pair. It just kinda screams out, “I’ve let myself go.” I don’t care what other people think, I just don’t want that thought to rattle around in *my* head.
17. I’ve gone to the store on more than one occasion in pajamas or hot rollers, to the dismay of BFF #1. I generally don’t care what people think about me.
18. My favorite book is Wuthering Heights. I have a certain penchant for old novels.
19. The only bug I will tolerate touching me is a ladybug. All others must die.
20. Most people tend to have a hard time coming up with 25 things, but I am finding it very easy. Remarkable. Maybe because my brain works in this sort of randomness.
21. I am reading the Bible and not ashamed to say it.
22. I completely enjoy helping people. It is one of God’s beautiful blessings to reach outside of yourself and help someone else.
23. I find that I am becoming more and more afraid of technology as I grow older. Not that I am afraid… I guess it’s more that I don’t want to be bothered by learning something new that will be outdated in a month.
24. I am a fabulous cook, but I suck at baking. I should invest some time in getting better, but I keep finding things I’d rather cook than bake.
25. I wish I were handier. I love getting my hands dirty with yard work, handy things around the house. But, sadly, I don’t know how to do very much. And I am afraid that I will break something if I try. So I limit my risk taking to things that are easy to correct when I screw it up.
25a. I hate messing it up. And I get extraordinarily pouty when I do. So… I need to learn to be a better loser.