The Flame. It’s an 80’s song by Cheap Trick. One I happen to love.
Truthfully, as is the nature of fire, I don’t know what this will end up being. A very good friend inspired me to start this blog. He wrote one (a sports blog), and I decided that I should do it, too (not a sports blog). I don’t feel like I have the liberty to rant or spout off my opinions (and they are plenty) anywhere else. So instead I will put them here.
A little about me:
- I’m a lover, not a fighter. But don’t mistake me – I don’t put up with bullshit.
- I swear, like a sailor. I curse so much that I am sure that I could be written up at work for it. Scratch that: I know I could be.
- I love. As a verb. I love people; things. I love love. I love feeling. And I love deeply.
- I am passionate about life and living.
- I have high expectations for myself and the people I allow into my world, but I am forgiving to a fault sometimes. I suck at holding grudges (but I do hold a few).
- I love to photograph and I would live every day with a camera in my hand, if I could and still get paid for it. I see the world and its beauty every day in every place I look. I don’t overlook the awesome and inspiring landscape we are surrounded with.
- Yes, I believe in God. And I pray, pretty diligently. And, truth be told, I find I am most comfortable when I am speaking with Him. So comfortable that I seem to always fall asleep. Hopefully He forgives me for that, and I am sure that He will, because He has forgiven so much already.
- Music makes my world go round. I love almost all types of music. I speak through music.
- I get my feelings hurt easily. Something I am working on, but I don’t know that I really want to change. I’d rather feel everything than feel nothing.
- I don’t care what season it is, football season is the best season. Ever.
I’m burning inside with so much. So much to say; so much to do. At my age, which is admittedly very young, I feel very old. I have been old for a long time. My soul has aged. I’ve been to hell and back. And then back to hell again, just to kick it’s ass. Coming out of the dark (again – great song), I am pretty sure that my soul is 86 in dog years. Stick around long enough and you’ll hear my sad story. Although, in all honestly, as sad as it is, I wouldn’t take it back. Not any of it. It’s made me who I am. And, just so you know, I’m pretty fucking awesome.
I hope some of my words can give you a voice. Or spur you to action. Or give you peace. And if not, I hope you find that somewhere else.